Saturday, April 14, 2012

Initials on canvas

I saw a variation of this (see pin below). I thought it was such a fun idea. My daughter has a friend come over who is crafty with her mom so I thought it would be a great time to try this. Plus, my daughter is redoing her bedroom right now and can use some new artwork.

I printed the letters we wanted to use on Avery full sheet labels.







I then cut out the letters






Removed the backing and stick them to the canvas. Then I told the girls (I made one too) to paint like the letter wasn't even there. Here is the one I did:


















I was afraid the Avery label might not be sticky enough to stay on the canvas, but it worked! It even did pretty good on the 5 layers of paint my daughter used!



 


Here is the original pin:

No comments:

Post a Comment