Monday, July 16, 2012

Recovered my dining room chairs

When we bought our dining room set, we were newly married with no kids. Off white beautiful chairs seemed like a great idea. Fast forward 9 years and two kids (let alone a 2 year span with a 2 year old where the table was our only dining table) my beautiful off white chairs became so stained. I was embarrassed to pull them out and have people sit on them.

I've been searching pinterest and watching HGTV and finally got inspired. I found fabric 50% off so I cost $25 for 6 chairs.

The hardest part was figuring out where the screws were that we're holding the seat to the chair. We found the screws and were off! I'll admit the corners aren't perfect but I don't care. They look 100 times better than they did. I teased my husband that it was so easy we can recover them for each holiday. I don't think he thought that was a good idea!

The biggest tip I can give you, and I don't remember were I heard it, is do not get striped fabric if this is your first time covering the fabric. You don't want to deal with making sure the stripes line up while trying to get nice corners.

Before



After




No comments:

Post a Comment