Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hot Chocolate Bar

I made a hot chocolate bar for our Christmas Eve Eve party.  We had things for kids and grown ups.

I made Polar Express Hot Chocolate - soooooo rich and sooooo good!  And this recipe makes 1 crock pot full.

Polar Express Hot Chocolate
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
2 cups of milk chocolate chips
6 cups of milk (I use 2%)
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a large pot over low heat, combine all of the above ingredients.  Stir regularly for 30-40 minutes until chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with other ingredients.  
If you’re making this for a party, you could add all of the above ingredients to a crockpot a few hours before guests arrive.

At the bar, I had mini marshmallows, caramel sauce (I'm addicted to salted caramel mochas from Starbucks) and candy cane marshmallows for the kids.  For the adults, I had peppermint schnapps, Kahlua and Bailey's.  Yummy!

Pins I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment