Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Wassail

When living in Mississippi the town we lived in had a Wassail Festival every Christmas.  The stores stayed open late and each store made their own version of wassail.  I fell in love with Wassail then.  It took a couple years, but I perfected my own recipe.  I served up a crock pot full at our Christmas Eve Eve party.  So yummy!

Kristen's Wassail
4 cups apple juice
2 cups orange juice
1 cup apple juice
1/4 cup powdered sugar
4-5 cinnamon sticks (or a couple Tablespoons if you don't have sticks)
1 Tablespoon nutmeg

In a large pot over low heat, combine all of the above ingredients.  Let come to a simmer.
If you’re making this for a party, you could add all of the above ingredients to a crockpot a few hours before guests arrive.

The caramel from the hot chocolate bar would go great in the Wassail as well.  I also brought out my cinnamon and sugar grinder as a nice compliment to the wassail.


I actually didn't use a pin for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment