Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Oreos

For my daughters Thanksgiving Day party at school I got to bring dessert.  When I saw these I had to make them.  The only change I made to the pin is instead of using frosting for the glue, I used melted chocolate.

To melt chocolate to use for frosting, put 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips in a sandwich size zip lock bag and get the air out.  Microwave for 1 minute on 50% then squeeze the bag (the chips will slowly start to melt).  Then keep melting the chips for 30 sec at a time on 50% until the chips are completely smooth (make sure there are no chunks.  If there are any chunks, it could rip a whole into the plastic bag as you are squeezing leaving you with a huge glob of a mess.

For each turkey you need:
2 oreos
1 peanut butter cup
1 malt ball
5 candy corns without the white layer
1 white layer of candy corn
yellow wilton candy melts, melted (for eyes and feet)


The original pin:

No comments:

Post a Comment