Monday, September 2, 2013

Homemade peanut butter cups

I'm a sucker for anything peanut butter and chocolate so I had to try homemade Reese's peanut butter cups! This is the 3rd time I've made them. After a little tweaking, I think I've got it down.

Homemade peanut butter cups
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 sugar
1 cup milk chocolate chips
2 Tbls peanut butter
Yields 2 dozen mini muffin and 6 regular size muffins

In a glass bowl, melt the butter and 3/4 cup peanut butter in the microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar and mix. Line the muffin tins. Fill each about 1/2 way full. Let chill (set) in the refrigerator 15 min.

In a microwave safe bowl, mix the chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter. Melt at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 seconds until smooth and all the chocolate chips are melted. (Mine end up taking 1 1/2 minutes). Pour chocolate over the peanut butter base. Chill for 15 minutes. Serve immediately. If it is warm, store in the refrigerator.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment