Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crayon hearts

I feel like my kids get so much candy on Valentine's Day when I saw this alternative I was so excited!  I had the silicon heart mold already.  I went to the dollar store and was able to buy 30+ crayons for $1.  1 box of crayons filled 20 of the heart molds.
I must say the most tedious part was pealing the paper off the crayons.  That did take a while.  And then I was able to just break the crayons to fit into the mold.  No need to cut.  The pin says to bake at 230 for 15 minutes.  At the 15 minute mark, mine were barely melted.  I pulled one batch out at 20 minutes.  It wasn't completely melted but it was kind of cool be cause there were parts of the crayon you can still tell are crayons.  The next batch I did I took out at around 25 minutes and they were completely melted.  These made great crayons as well.
For my daughter's class (1st grade) I had her draw her classmates a card that we taped the crayons too.  For my son's class (1 1/2 - 2 year olds) I put his in a lollypop bag and sealed it with a label.
Here is what I did for my sons class:



Here is the pin:

No comments:

Post a Comment